I remember people saying if you were bad they would send you to Outer Mongolia. In this case it's different, because James is good he's going on a mission to Mongolia.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Checking into the MTC

Yesterday James left behind his cell phone, mp3 player, facebook friends and the world as we know it and entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah. I am sure he is doing okay, but I had an attack of missionary mom blues when he left on Monday. I hope he will get to email me soon so I can post his first letter on the here. If you would like to write him sometime during the next 11 weeks while he is at the MTC, here is his address: Elder James Ammon Cappuccio, MTC Mailbox #96, MON-ULA 0728, 2005 N 900 E, Provo Ut 84604-1793 By the way he gave a nice farewell talk, which made it the best Mother's day for me. He started out by talking about his friend Ben Clawson's mission call to Provo Utah mission. He said Ben's mom was very happy with the call because it was an answer to her prayer that he be sent somewhere close. James then said, " I wonder what my mom was praying for!" He talked about how I helped him prepare for a mission throughout his life, but I think he came to this earth with a strong missionary spirit already. Well that's it for tonight.

No comments: