I remember people saying if you were bad they would send you to Outer Mongolia. In this case it's different, because James is good he's going on a mission to Mongolia.

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Left in Suspense

Sorry I haven't updated the blog lately, but I'm doing way better on this than my journal writing: On Aug 3rd, James sent this email:

Hey, not to be a downer or anything, but I just spent upwards to an hour typing out an email for ya'll and then it lost it. So...yea...basically, I'm still alive, and my companion is mongolian and awesome. and the food isn't killing me. I'll write a real one next week. Oh, our P-day is mondays. See ya, bye!

I sent him this in response:

Dear James,

I was a bit disappointed about not getting your email you spent an hour writing. Hope to hear from you tomorrow(Monday). It's probably early Monday already in Mongolia. I'm writing at about 3pm Sunday afternoon. They are showing the Olympics on TV now and I figure your time zone is probably close to Bejing's. Tonight they are announcing a ward boundary change. I wish I knew what the new ward boundaries were for sure, but tonight we are having a meeting at the church to let all the Ray wards know their new ward boundaries. I have heard 2 rumors that people say they heard from someone who knew. One has the boundary at Orchid north going to Ray 1st and the other has the people north of Ray rd going to Ray 1st ward. So there is a possibility we will be in a different ward after tonight. If I get home and you haven't written me back already, I'll write you a quick email to let you know.

Sister Finuf forwarded me an email with a picture of all the new missionaries she got from your mission president. I guess he doesn't have my email address so I didn't get one. Maybe I should email them also. Anyway, it was nice to see your smiling face along with all the other missionaries. I hope you are doing well and having a great experience every day.

On the homefront we are still sweating it out through the hot August days and the almost as hot nights. After church I can barely touch the steering when I first get into the car, for fear I might sear a permanent steering wheel tattoo onto my palms! Just thought you would enjoy a warm remembrance of home.....

So what interesting food have you tried so far? I know you enjoy eating, but wasn't sure how adventurous you would be. I can see you eating just about anything( within the Word of Wisdom) to impress an investigator though. "i'll eat this eyeball and monkey brain, if you'll read the Book of Mormon." Let me know if you ever use that line =) Help will be coming soon by way of a care package in case the food gets too crazy.

Hope to hear about your first 2 weeks and what your day is like over there. Keep the fire burning!

love always,

Mom

No comments: