I remember people saying if you were bad they would send you to Outer Mongolia. In this case it's different, because James is good he's going on a mission to Mongolia.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Football, donuts and Chess: P-day activites

Alright, lets first address your concerns! So i did receive the CD player and the Speakers, they came just fine. As far as I know, all the food that you sent came fine as well! It is so good. The poptarts are already gone though because I shared them. Next time we might need more of them! And more gusher too, of course. I think if you could send some spices and stuff like that. Cinnammon. That is way good and helps make lots of yummy food. I drink the vitamin c drink mostly everday, but I don't know if there will be enough to last until you send the next batch. I think it's really helped because I've been having a stuffy nose for the past two weeks but other than that nothing serious has developed and so I'm very thankful for that. I also got the email about the checking account. I forgot to ask President about it last week so I'll write him an e-mail and ask him this week and see what he says.

That's to bad about Joseph but that's way cool to hear about Cali and Amy doing well! And I can't believe that happened to Elder Eyestone! That's unreal! Man, tell him I hope he gets better and he'll be in my prayers. So do you really want me to sent back all those letters? That's gonna be kinda expensivo!

So when I get back to America, I will definitely be making some Mongolian food. Of course, I'll have to change some of the ingredients and make it better and add stuff to it, but you're gonna like a lot of it. Or at least I hope you do! :) YOu're going to run another marathon?! Sweet! That'll be awesome! The way conference works here in Mongolia is they record it and translate it and then they send it here. Then we'll watch it on Saturday and Sunday at the same time as you all saw it, just a week later. I'm way excited for it. We'll be watching the English version with all the American Elders. That will be way good because we're going to have a potluck! :)

The weather here is still pretty nice. You can see your breath most days but it hasn't gotten really really cold just yet. Hopefully it won't do it anything soon because I still ahven't bought all the stuff I need for the winter! I'll be doing that this upcoming Preparation Day. This Preparation day we all got together at the church and played some football and made donuts and just played some games. I'm kind of getting good at chess so maybe I can take on Grandpa when I get home. He's way good though so I don't know.

Anyways, this week was alright. It was really slow in terms of missionary work. Sometimes my companion has trouble being motivated but we're working on it and so work should be picking up hopefully. Please pray for us that we can be successful! One of our new members was supposed to get the priesthood this week but he didn't show up at church which really upset me. He was doing really well lately and making all his meetings and then he didn't come. Besides that, not much else happened. We teach two more hours of English now on Thursdays. We teach english teachers. Thay have a guitar and an electronic keyboard in their class so I'm way excited to maybe incorportate that somehow...or just practice while my companion teaches. haha. Alright. Well, I tried to make it as interesting as I can this week but just not much happened! I'll try to make next week way exciting so that you have a lot of stuff to read about. ok? Alright, sounds good.

Most importantly, as I do this work day to day, I realize the magnitude of what the Savior did for us. My understanding grows each day. In turn, my gratitude grows each day. I am so grateful for this wonderful Plan of Salvation and the center of it, our Savior Jesus Christ. I'm so glad that it stretches to every people and every country. That even the people of Mongolia can hear of the peace and love that flows from God through his Son, Jesus Christ. I love this work and I love Him who's work it is.

I hope this letter finds you all well. I love you all so much!

~Elder Cappuccio

Dear old man James,

Helloooooo, we are still here in Arizona and still lovin life. If you think you're getting old, then I am really in trouble....Just got done listening to General Conference. It always gives me a lift, kind of like your letters =). KW Hodgson said after you have been out a year your letters/emaiils will get shorter and shorter, because there isn't any new stuff to write, but I think you'll be able to keep thinking of things to share, like getting kicked in the thigh! You played lacrosse and football, so a kick in the thigh is like a mosquito bite. There was a whole talk in conference about how we should respond to attacks on our faith by others and the answer was with "Christian kindness." I read comments on the online news and the stuff people blog about after it and there are a lot of people out there who like to say bad things about our church or people in our church. But, I don't ever see anyone from our church getting mean back to the people on the blog, just sometimes a explanantion of what we do or believe in. Watching the choir at conference also reminded me of you. It would be cool if you and Amy sang in the Tabernacle Choir someday and Cali could guest star! The last song the choir sang was, "We Ever Pray for Thee, Our Prophet Dear." I remember you sang that for the prophet at the MTC.The missionary choir sang at the Priesthood session. Did you get to listen to any s essions? Your Sunday is already over by the time Conference starts, so you probably have regular meetings. They annouced 5 more temples, one of them is going to be in Rome, Italy! That will be very cool.

Ok, So I just wanted to check a few things....did you get the CD player and CD in the box of goodies? I know the food was the most exciting part, but I just want to make sure the other stuff got there too. And if you take those vitamin C drink mixes everyday, you will probably avoid getting a bad cold. Also did you get my email about you checking account and calling to stop the bill pay service?

Ok on to news from home. Weather here is finally nice. Today if was sunny and 80 so I took Hopper on a walk! So it must be getting cold where you are. We need a picture of you with all your winter clothes on for the blog. Anyway so on to family news.....Joseph is grounded from the computer when school starts after fall break, until he gets his grade in Honors Chemistry up to a C and his math grade up to a B. Cali got straight A's her 1st quarter of Jr High. and Amy is doing well in all her classes(she's not taking chemistry!). Crystal is still Ace-ing school and working, but she works at the Childrens Museum in Phoenix now and likes it much better than being a teller at the bank. As for me, I'm training to run a marathon again and have got up to 11 miles so far. I went trail running with Betsy yesterday and I w asn't ready for the hills, so I am going to be sore for a few days. I had to walk on the uphills, so I'm not in great shape yet( actually a long way from great shape). I'll try it again in a month snd see if i do better. Oh yea BYU is good this year in football. They are ranked #8 so far and ar 5-0. Utah is also 5-0 and ranked #15, so the after Thanksgiving game in SLC will be a crazy one for sure! Maybe it will be on National TV.

Also, I just found out that Elder Eyestone is back home recovering from a back injury he sustained on his mission. He fell off of a ladder while painting a house for a service project for a member or investigator. He might be able to go back in 2 months. He hurt his lower back because when he fell he landed on a wall right in the lower back area. I hope he recovers soon. I'll tell him you have some of his letters! So if you get a chance you should mail those back and we'll send them to the rightful owners. That was pretty crazy. You get all excited to get a pile of mail to find out most of it wasn't even written to you.

Good to hear your new member is doing well and hope you have success with all your efforts. I forwarded you Devin's last email and he sounds like he is doing well and enjoying the food too! When you get back I don't think you will able to get any horse steak here....maybe Mexico?

Thanks for being such a gr eat example for me and everyone. I pray that you will also be watched over and protected. Have a great week. I look forward to hearing from you again. We love you!

Love always,

keep the fire burning!

Mom

No comments: