I remember people saying if you were bad they would send you to Outer Mongolia. In this case it's different, because James is good he's going on a mission to Mongolia.

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Blessed and Busy

This was sent July 10th( probably about the same time he was sending his email to me...)

Dear Elder James,

I love getting your letters and emails. Serving a mission to Mongolia doesn't just bless the people you are teaching or associating with, it also helps and inspires us at home to hear from you and know you are doing a great work. Cali bore her testimony on Sunday and mentioned that she didn't cry when you left on your mission, because she knew you were doing the right thing and she would be sad if you didn't go on a mission. I know I am getting extra help with work, because I have been doing much better on my commissions since you started your mission.

I met elder Finuf's mother yesterday after work. She is very cool and we shared pictures and a few stories. I'll have to admit she is more on the ball than me. She already sent a package to mongolia with normal food, so when Elder Finuf gets there he will have something to eat. She was worried the traditional food would be too weird and he would starve to death. I am glad I sent you some goodies while at the MTC to fatten you up before you leave, because you won't probably have a package waiting for you when you get there. I am leaving tomorrow on vacation and don't have time to put anything together. You won't mind eating a little Sheep's head will you? =) I hear the Yak milk is nasty too, but I'm sure you will survive....let me know if there is anything in particular you want sent.

Keep the fire burning!

Love always,

mom

No comments: