I remember people saying if you were bad they would send you to Outer Mongolia. In this case it's different, because James is good he's going on a mission to Mongolia.

Sunday, July 27, 2008

BON VOYAGE

Dear James, I guess this is the last email you will get from me before you leave for Mongolia. It sounds so far away, but by email it's just as close =). It will be exciting to hear about your experience when you get to Mongolia. I got a few replies back from people on my email list for you when I sent my last email out. Here are the ones I received:

If you would, tell James: Go dude go! Enjoy, and dive in to the work - you'll love Mongolia. Just don't eat any eyes... Leslie Hodgson

Please tell James how much the Oakey family thinks of him. He's a wonderful person. He'll be a great missionary. My parents "adopted" a young woman from Mongolia when they served together on a mission in St. George Utah. She's 30 now and was married this month. The church seems to be strong and growing there. James will be a part of all that.

Daniel is having a great time serving his mission just a few miles from you! I'm amazed at the success. I think the church is growing very fast in Arizona. He loves it!!!

We love you and think of you often. Have a great day.

--Joan Oakey

I have to say it's exciting reading about how excited James is about his mission and all the various stories he tells. It's like having the missionaries at my home except through James. It's cool and exciting. Hopefully without naming names, he can tell us about some of the people that he will be witnessing too and those experiences.

-Jacque

Plus I got Brother Young's address: Duwayne Young, 615 E Del Rio, Chandler, AZ 85225, He asked me why you wanted to write to him and I said I didn't know....'cause he likes you? He smiled and said, "maybe because it is because I told him if he writes me at least every 3 months, I will send him a box of food!" =) makes sense, but I still see you chewing on an eyeball in a few weeks.... I don't know when my package will arrive, because I haven't sent it yet, so hopefully the other elders will share their good fortunes with you, sounds like you did a lot of the sharing with the treats in the MTC.

So here's my cell number 602-793-5880. What time do you think you will be calling? I think this is your dad's cell # 661-225-7601.

I am so proud of you and know that you will be a blessing to many people in Mongolia. I love you.

Keep the fire burning,

Mom

No comments: