I remember people saying if you were bad they would send you to Outer Mongolia. In this case it's different, because James is good he's going on a mission to Mongolia.

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Dearest Elder James

I asked a friend today, someone more up to date on the world of blogging if I should post my email replies to James as well and they said I should. That way it would be both sides of the story, not just a one-way conversation. So then I went back today and inserted his first paragraph from his last email admonishing us to write him a letter. He only had received one piece of mail from us in two weeks, but that's more letters than I have sent out in the last year! And it was a music card, that played, "Fun, Fun,Fun" from the beach boys...we were hoping he was having fun at the MTC...so I was thinking that should count for at least 2 regular letters.... so this is what I wrote back to him: Dearest Elder James, I wrote another letter with a card and I seem to have lost it...So I guess I had better make up for it and write another letter today. I might have left it at church, because I was writing the address on it then. Now the kids are out of school they have plenty of time to write you a letter so I'll tell them to do it today, so I can mail it out. But we are even, one letter and one email before now....and if I hadn't lost my other one, I would be in the lead.... I had brother Hagstrom come change our router settings so Joseph couldn't use WORLD OF WARCRAFT from our computers. However, Joseph figured a way around it already! I don't know what it will take to get him unaddicted. Maybe you can write him something and keep praying for him. I love reading your emails. You are really getting into the spirit of missionary work and growing so much, I'm always amazed by your testimony! Keep up the good work. I don't have time to write much because this is Friday morning before work and I have to get ready, but I will send you some letters and I'll email you again. I'm glad you got the card, hope it wasn't to rowdy for the MTC. And we promise to write you and keep you and your investigators in our prayers. I have your picture at my desk to inspire me every day! love always, mom

No comments: