I remember people saying if you were bad they would send you to Outer Mongolia. In this case it's different, because James is good he's going on a mission to Mongolia.

Sunday, June 22, 2008

On Fire

From: marathomom@aol.com To: james.cappuccio@myldsmail.net Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 20:12:51 -0400 Subject: on fire

Dear Elder James,

It's always so exciting to get your emails and letters, so I know you probably get just as excited to hear from us.? I heard from Cali that the girls at camp could write missionaries from our stake at the service project tent. According to Cali, you had the most letters, so mail is on the way! I hope to get a few things together this week and send you a package. We won't be coming up to Utah until July 12th, so I wanted to get you some treats and stuff before then. I checked into the DearElder service and I decided to go with the dear grandmother service instead....my mom says she will bring you by some fresh cinnamon rolls this week.

Today was Tyler Fisher's farewell.? He'll be up there in the MTC on Wednesday, so you may have already run into him by the time you read this. He gave a nice talk and since it was Father's day, spoke about his father a bit, saying his father helped him get to where his is today, and his mother did too, but it's not Mother's day so he's only going to talk about his Father... that got a few laughs. Anyway, here is your dad's and Crystal's address, 1409 E Park Ave, Chandler, AZ 85225. I don't know the other addresses you wanted, so I'll get Amy to send them to you.

Thanks for the zone explanation, it was very enlightening to those of us who haven't been on missions yet. Sounds like you are getting a good opportunity to learn to serve and I can see you enthusiasm is probably very contagious, because it bursts through to us with every letter that you write. You remind me of the hymn, "The Spirit of God like a Fire is Burning" cause you are 'on fire.' When you hit Mongolia you might raise their average temperature a few degrees and maybe thaw out some of the frozen Tundra....hmmm that gets me thinking, maybe missionaries are the cause of global warming.....

As far as news from the world, nothing too exciting, and since your pal Ron Paul isn't going to win the election you might as well be in Mongolia. At least Hilary Clinton is not in the running anymore, that would have been a nightmare, Bill Clinton back in the Whitehouse....

Thanks for all the letters you have written to your brother and sisters, they really enjoy the personal message you send them. I love you and know that we are all blessed by your serving the Lord for the next 2 years. I was also wondering about the man named Aca in Texas, did you ever get to talk to him again?

Love and prayers, always mom

No comments: