I remember people saying if you were bad they would send you to Outer Mongolia. In this case it's different, because James is good he's going on a mission to Mongolia.

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Drunks Becoming Best Friends and Dead Dog Face-Eaters sent Feb 8th

ALright, it's me again, the Son you banished to Outer Mongolia. Well, this week was good, to be honest, it was good. Statistically, we had an 800% increase in lessons taught. BUt well, that's cuz we may or may not have only taught 1 lesson our first week together... ANyways, the point is, we're building this area up and it's exciting. At first I wanted to cry because our area was like, a mess! It seemed like nothing made sense. Now, I'm not saying that it makes sense now, but we've spent enough time in it that we understand where weneed to go to meet with most people. It's sweet, I love it.

One really neat experience that happened this week is that we started teaching my companion's older sister. She was taking the lessons before but forsome reason stopped taking them. We met with her and it was away awesome lesson, now she's taking the lessons again and we've got a baptismal date set with her. I'm so excited for this because I know itwill mean so much to my old companion. I know he loves his family a lot and wants them to know of thejoy in the gospel.

Outside of that,we had some interesting experiences. One day we were harassed bya drunk and his friend. Turns out hemessed up his leg and needed like 5 dollarstotake an x-ray. He wanted to hit me with his cane because we wouldn't give him money. HOwever, like 2 dayslater after escaping, we ran into him in a very small alley. This time he was sober and hewaslike our best friend! Then last night we saw him again and he was drunk so he was asking for money again. I think by the time this transfers done, we'll be really good friends,maybe he'll even be a church member!

Another kind of scary incident is that apparently thereis a dead dog face eater in our area. Everyday day you see about 5 or 6 dead dogs on the side of theroad. Some are prettier than others. Well, just the other day, we started noticing that the dogs that were just plain old dead the other day were now missing faces! There are not like 3 dead FACELESS dogs in our area! Scary. Now we're starting to wear facemasks when we gothrough that area just incase it decides to go afterliving humans. Haha.

ALright, well I don't know of anything else to write...Elder Nelsen is coming to Mongolia next week so we'll getto hear from him twice. I'm pretty excited aboutthat! As for AMerican food...there are American stores in Ulaanbaatar and theysometimes haveapretty good varietyof things. Unfortunately, I have yet to see Poptarts. They do have all the major candies though and I even got capri-sun and fruit by the foot one time. You definitely should put TONS of pop-tartsin there. I love them. They do sellpeanut butter here but it's hard to find and expensiveso maybe if you sent me a big one that would beawesome.

Sorry to hear about the ankle! THat's no fun atall! SOrry about writing the wrong dateon that letter, I keepdoing that in my journal too! It takeslike a few months to adjust I guess...Alright, well Ithink that's it. I love youall! Thanks forwriting me. I love these people they are so awesome. Keep looking out for people thatyou meet everyday that may be ready to hear your testimony about the restored Gospel!

~Elder Cappuccio -----Original Message----- From: marathomom@aol.com To: james.cappuccio@myldsmail.net Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2009 20:05:10 -0500 Subject: Re: Hello!

Dear James,

Sain bainuu, is that Mongolian for Hello? Learning German out there too I see! I got your letter for the primary this week too! it looks like it only took a week, except for the fact you put the year as 2008! in that case it was really slow.... Anyway I forgot to take it to church this week, so I will put ot in my bag so I won't forget next week.

Pop tarts are on sale this week, so I'll be grabbing you a few boxes for your next package. Anything esle you need besides the pictures? Do they sell American food like poptarts at the grocery stores there? Just wondering what kind of food they sell.

I took Cali to see The Lion King Musical at ASU Gammage on Thursday, It was amazing, we both had a good time and then walking out I missed the last step on the staircase and sprained my ankle. I tried to walk it off, but it didn't work too well, limped about 1/2 a mile to the car. By Saturday night it was feeling pretty good though, so I healed pretty quick. So that was the exciting news of the week.

We love you and hope you are keeping warm.

Keep the fire burning!

Love Always

mom

No comments: