I remember people saying if you were bad they would send you to Outer Mongolia. In this case it's different, because James is good he's going on a mission to Mongolia.

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Awesome Revelation Experience- Sent Jan 18th

Hello everyone! This is Elder Cappuccio, live from Erdenet, Mongolia! This week was pretty neat! We were supposed to have a baptismal interview this week but he not exactly ready yet. If everything goes according to plan, we'll have 3 baptisms in 2 weeks! Yea! I love meeting with these people and seeing them catch fire as they experience the SPirit in their lives. Today I had the opportunity to go into an interview with President Andersen. That was awesome! He so wise and so helpful. We talked about how to improve the quality of our investigators, how to really speak to them. He taught me it's all about the questions. We need to learn what their desire is, and then make promises to them according to the Spirit about that desire and how the scriptures have the answers. I'm excited to study this more and apply it to my lessons

This week I went on a companion exchange. My companion went with our District Leader so I was with Elder McClellan, an Elder from my group. It was a fun experience, we both have trouble with the language and it was my area so I was pretty much in charge. Although we got burned quite a few times, we were able to get some good lessons and contacts in. At one place it was way neat because it wasn't a planned appointment but after we were burned by one person I was impressed to visit another investigator that really haden't been progressing. As we entered, I didn't know what exactly to teach to her but it was awesome when that revelation came and I was able to share a scripture that really applied to her. It was awesome! The spirit was there and we were able to leave that place knowing we had done what we were meant to do. Sadly, she didn't really act according to the spirit's confirmation. That always hurts, but I'm still able to think back on that occasion and know that we did exactly what needed to be done and that when she's ready, we'll be there to help her.

Anyways, the work is moving along. We had 210 people in church! They reorganized the Branch Presidency and the District! This year in Erdenet they will have 2 branches and 1 new one in an adjacent town called Bolgan. That's exciting ain't it? Well transfers will happen this week. The American missionaries are having trouble with visas agian, poor saps. We had no issues and then the next group started all the trouble! It's because the governemt is getting serious about our English teaching and getting suspicious of us... ANyways, pray that the work continues to progress! I love you all. I got Grandma and Grandpa's package! It was awesome thank you! Keep up the good work that you do and improve the other stuff!

~ELder Cappuccio

No comments: