I remember people saying if you were bad they would send you to Outer Mongolia. In this case it's different, because James is good he's going on a mission to Mongolia.

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Apostle Nelson Visits and 15 months left!-sent Feb 23

Alriiiiight. Well this is me, Elder Cappuccio again. Just a little trivia fact. Did you know that i've been on my mission for over 9 months? That's a LONG time. However, Elder Clawson and Elder Miller are way ahead of me! They'll be done before this year closes out!

Anyways, this week has been a good week. We had an Apostle of the Lord, Elder Nelsen, come and speak to the missionaries and the Mongolian church members. It was an amazing experience. Also, on a smaller scale, my companion and I have had some rather neat spiritual experiences lately.

Last wednesday, for preparation day, we went on an outing as a Zone. I didn't really want to go because I didn't trust the planning and coordination of it, but my companion wanted to and so i agreed and off we went. Well, it turned out to take a lot longer than anyone had intended, the weather was pretty rough and it was just not like people intended it to be. I was not to happy about it and the rest of the day really closed off what I felt was my first day as a missionary where I didn't really do anything a missionary should do. That's what it felt like to me. Anyways, the next day I was rather broken up about it and, rather undeservingly, upset towards my companion about it. I felt it was his fault and that if he would just trust me more, we would have had a better day yesterday. So with that attitude, I worked through the first few hours of the day wondering and praying to know how to feel better and get on track. Oddly enough, our cell phone for some reason would not make any calls and would not receive any calls. That was frustrating. If we couldn't call anyone, we wouldn't be able to make to the important assignments we needed to make or confirm any appointments. Finally, companionship study rolled around. As we started up, I decided to bring out my issue with yesterday in front of my companion. I stated my frustrations and why I wasn't happy. Amazingly, we were able to clear things up well and I was able to release the anger I had towards my companion. At a certain point in the discussion, the Spirit whispered to me something amazing: the phone will work now. I waited until we had settled everything and then calmly said, "I think our phone works now" and called our District Leader. It worked! It was amazing! I honestly know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the Lord caused that to happen as it did. I learned a valuable lesson that day: We must love our companions and when we have things against them, we can't expect to be successful in the work, the Lord won't help us with the work. I also gained a more powerful understanding of the ability of the Lord to command all things, even our cell phones, to the obeying of his will.

Well, things are going great for us and I just want to let you know that I love this work and I'm going to do everything that I can to fulfill my calling to the best of my ability. I love you all so very very much and want to thank you for helping me to be successful in a lot of the things I do. I know this church is true and that it leads us where no other organization or idea or philosophy or path of life can lead us; It leads us to eternal life.

~Elder Cappuccio

I am adding an email he wrote to someone in Mongolian just for fun:

Sain bain uu! Yooe! Mongoloor bichixed aimaar xetsvv bna! Bi chinii mailiig unshaxad barag l oilgoogvi! Gexdee oilgoson! Yamar ch gecen, sonin caikhan? Bi yhenxeer ta nariig sanijinaa! Manai Erdenet barag Mongold xamgiin caikhan gazar yum aa. Bi sain mongoloor bichijinuu? Oh, tegeed, be tursan. Xeveree bambroska mun uu? Xaxa, togloson, yamar ch gecen, daragiin udaa chi nad ruu neg jixene zaxia bichij chadxuu? Ern bid nomlogch nar e-mailaar uur xvmvvc rvv bichij boloxgvi. Tiim uchraas manai eej cham ruu eniig yavuulna! Za, tegvel, chi shvv! Yrgelj sudraas sain unshaarai! mun mash sain zalbiraarai! Xairtai shvv!

~Axlagch Cappuccio

No comments: