I remember people saying if you were bad they would send you to Outer Mongolia. In this case it's different, because James is good he's going on a mission to Mongolia.

Thursday, March 5, 2009

In Harmony with the Lord- sent Feb 18th

Wow, it sounds like you just go from one adventure to the next! That sounds like a lot of fun to go out and just ride around. Today we kind of did that for our Preparation Day. We went on a little trip to this place called Turtle Rock. We didn't spend much time at the rock itself but instead hiked to this monastary tucked up in the mountains. It was pretty neat but I felt really wierd sitting there looking at some of their paintings describing hell. I took pictures of it because they were really interesting. I'll probably send some home to you. Anyway, it looked really neat and all with all the colors and stuff. Pretty mysterious. Unfortunately, it was locked today and so we couldn't go in.

As for work, things are doing good! We've continued to increase in the lessons we teach. I'd say the best part of last week was just seeing the way that the SPirit was able to work through us. I wish I had more time today to write all about it, there really were several instances this last week where I just really felt the Spirit lead our work. And it was awesome. I think I'll write them next week so that you can read them. I really love that feeling. Knowing that your life is in harmony with the Lord and that the work you're doing is what He would have you do. Unfortunately, we're not perfect and that's not always how it is. But, we're trying and so eventually we'll get it all down just right. Well, to close I just want to let you know that it's getting colder here, not warmer. However, after hearing the inspired words of Elder Nelsen and the people that came with him, I feel a lot warmer inside and excited to carry that fire to the rest of the people of Mongolia. I don't know if I've really explained this well yet, but I really love this people. It's getting hard for me to see the hard situations they go through and not be able to just take them out of it. But yet, some people let us help them, and I love it. Well, I hope everything will go well for you. I keep hearing the economy isn't too good so I hope and pray that God will keep protecting you guys. I love you all!

~Elder Cappuccio,P> -----Original Message----- From: marathomom@aol.com To: james.cappuccio@myldsmail.net Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 20:41:00 -0500 Subject: Fun in the snow

Dear James,

Aloha, No I didn't go to Hawaii, but it would be nice. We went to Pine though, which is just north of Payson for the weekend. Joseph and I went to stay at Jack's cabin/house there. We went riding around in the mud and snow on the go-cart, ATV and Jeep Jack has. The go-cart works much better now too, jack fixed the steering. We got stuck in the snow a few times, luckily we made it out or I wouldn't be writing today! jk

Chelisa Lantz wanted to tell you that she said Hi and is thinking about you. Her son really loved the people there also. So, as I was singing in church today, I was wondering what hymns you sing in Mongolian? Do you have the full hymn book or just a condensed version? Do you need your own Mongolian hymn book? The Relief Society sang in church today and since I am the RS chorister I directed the choir, which is my first time doing that. It turned out pretty good. Do you have any musical numbers in your meetings there besides hymns?

I gave your letter to the Primary today and they were excited to get it. It was hard to tell the difference from the Mongolian sentences from your english ones, but then again your going to be a doctor, so don't worry about the handwriting. Elder Burgoyne wrote some of his letter in Cambodian, which looked really different, not even like letters. Sister Fisher said to say thank you and said you can email them next time if you want, instead of mailing it.

Leslie Hodgson says Hi too, I forwarded your last letter to everyone and she and Brother Toolson responded back, in fact let me put in what he wrote:

"James sounds so good. Very excited for James and the experiences he continues to have. I can tell he is hard working and very obedient in his missionary travels. Thanks for sharing." Mike

Also, I haven't been very good at keeping the blog current in December- january. I was wondering if you have the emails on your account that you sent in December. I have January forward but my AOL account erased the older ones. sorry.

Well, I hope you had a great week and wish you more of the same this week. We love and pray for you.

Keep the fire burning!

Love always,

mom

No comments: