I remember people saying if you were bad they would send you to Outer Mongolia. In this case it's different, because James is good he's going on a mission to Mongolia.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Adversity is Part of the Evidence of God's Infinite Love-Sept 6,2009

Dear Mom,

Yea, it definitely was an Internet glitch.  I sent an e-mail that said, I am 
alive but I have no time to write, I'll write next week.  :)

Anyways, the drunks are pretty much under-control.  Although, the other day we 
went to try and meet with our new member and there were three drunks outside his 
house just sitting and getting more drunk.  One really liked us, one was 
indifferent, one really didn't like us.  The one that didn't like us threw a 
rock and hit me, but it was a little rock and he was a little guy.  Still, it is 
always a little scary when someone picks up a rock and aims it at you...

Ok, so these last two weeks have been a rollercoaster!  I've got a new companion 
who's not actually a missionary, (we call them mini-missionaries).  His name is 
Erdenebold and he's from Darkhan.  About 4 months ago he was inactive, but one 
of my former companions, Elder Steinberg, reactivated his family and so he 
started to coming back to church.  These last two weeks have really been good 
for him to see the other side of missionary work.  It wasn't easy, but he 
learned alot and when he goes on his mission next March, I think he'll be a lot 
more prepared.

We had our Zone Conference last week and the topic was Adversity.  It was a 
great conference and it just seemed like everything, every little possible thing 
that would cause adversity, peaked before Zone Conference so that we would be 
able to understand it better.  I know I appreciated it.  There's this quote in 
the latest conference by President Eyring about Adversity:...our Heavenly Father 
and the Savior live and...love all humanity.  The very opportunity for us to 
face adversity and affliction is part of the evidence of their infinite love"  I 
know this is true.  In all of our hard adversity we usually grow the most is 
what I've learned.  We usually look back with gratitude on what we've 
experienced because of the things we've gained and learned.

In terms of stories, we have this one New Member that wasn't going to be able to 
go to church because he got stuck with work, but then we prayed about it, and he 
called me up in the morning saying how it had gotten cancelled! We were all 
really estatic about that. Another neat one focuses on the way the Lord has us 
meet with the people he wants us to meet with. Last night we were looking for a 
house of a new contact to meet with. All of a sudden, one our new members, this 
youth named Enkhsaikhan, came up on his bike. The first time I had met him, he 
didn't seem very down to meet with the missionaries, but this time he was really 
friendly and when we asked to meet with him, he said yea! So we met and I shared 
my favorite scripture D&C 128:22, and talked about the wonderful Gospel and the 
importance of sharing it. It led to two ends: We were able to open the door to 
him preparing for a full-time mission, and he asked us to try meeting with his 
mother and brother!

Similar to that, we met with another new member that same night and tried to 
share a scripture with him. His little brother is like a demon. He is just 
unruly. Anyway, through all this chaos we were able to see how to share the 
Gospel with his mom, she's really into the New Testament and goes to another 
church. So she shared with us some of her favorite scriptures from the New 
Testament and we were able to talk about how those are mentioned in the Book of 
Mormon. Now we're going back on Tuesday to teach more and it could be really 
good!

Well, I love you all.  You're awesome!  I haven't got the package yet...that's a 
bummer, but I'll keep on enduring with hope!  

~Elder Cappuccio



-----Original Message-----
From: marathomom@aol.com
To: james.cappuccio@myldsmail.net
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2009 21:27:46 -0400
Subject: Re: from a Galaxy far far away


Dear James,



I didn't get an email from you last week, so I don't know if there was an 
internet glitch or if the drunks came back to get even, so I hope to hear from 
you this week. Brother Haught bore his testimony today and said his wife is 
doing worse and that she is preparing to die. He has been so strong during 
their hard times and is such a good example. He and his wife were Joseph's 
sunday school teachers this year and I know he has been a good influence to 
everyone in that class. Also mention brother Lantz in your prayers and maybe 
Jack too. 


I hope you had a good week and that you have 2 weeks worth of good stories for 
us.? No good stories that I can remember?to tell about out week. Just work, 
grocery shopping,more work, laundry and more grocery shopping. Luckily Jack 
likes to cook and he made an awesome Beef Stew this week, which we shared with 
the Lantz'. Leslie Hodgson got remarried this weekend. She married someone she 
met on-line., he's from Idaho/Utah...i never dated anyone I met on-line. I 
never got into it that much, maybe because Ilike to meet them in person 
instead.?



We love you and pray for you.

Keep the fire burning!

love always,



mom?


No comments: