I remember people saying if you were bad they would send you to Outer Mongolia. In this case it's different, because James is good he's going on a mission to Mongolia.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Don't Pass Up the Savior- April 19th ( i lost a few emails between here and the last post)

Hello!, Alright, what's the deal...Joseph is 6'1"? Goodness! So much for me being the big brother! I demand photo evidence to prove this claim! Haha, wow, that is so exciting for Joseph! He's a powerhouse! And when is Cali going to release her first CD? When is the competition for National History Day again? 

As for me, sadly I don't think I've really grown too much. For awhile I was feeling pretty tall wearing my winter boots that gave me an inch or too but now in my regular shoes I think I'm just my regular 6' 1/2". If I pray really hard and eat right maybe I can get to 6'1"! Haha, just kidding. 

Anyways, my son! He is amazing! Elder Cardinal is, in my opinion much better than the Arizona Cardinals. He's got the ability to make it to the Super Bowl...and win it! But honestly, he is doing so well. People frequently comment on how well he's speaking Mongolian, especially when they hear he's only been in the country for a week! From my perspective it's a little different because I'm with him all of the day but when you look at it, he's doing great! His willingness and determination to grow are also among his outstanding abilities. He's very diligent in getting things done right. 

Our work is moving along. However, we've experienced what some would call 'obstacles'. The sisters that we have been really working with lately, preparing them for baptism and all that stuff have had a death in the family. Not in their immediate family, so that's good. But it's close enough to them that it will keep them busy and not really able to meet with us! We were very upset when we first heard this, but we've got a will and we're confident the Lord has a way! Especially this last week, in light of the talks given at General Conference, I'm more prone to not get disturbed by these unfortunate circumstances. Hearing the prophet's words really instilled in my again that quiet confidence that God leads this work and will more it along the path that He wills. In fact, we were able to witness that fact just the other night. This last week I had been getting frustrated because it seemed as we followed the Spirit in making decisions, they didn't really pan out into something we were hoping for. So just yesterday, we weren't able to teach a lesson we had planned and we were wondering where to go next. At first one lady's house came into mind because she had come to church today to see Conference. We listened, it seemed right, but I was still hesitant because these same ideas hadn't really worked out. Fortunately, i yielded and we went in to visit a lady named Uranchimeg. She's the non-member mother of one of our missionaries in Mongolia. She had come to Conference the other day in hopes of seeing her son at the building. She was able to and at the same time sat at both sessions, hearing the powerful word s of the Lord's servants. As we talked about it, she confessed that she was starting to wonder if God exists! We were excited beyong belief and quickly shared our convictions, as well as the scripture's words on this subject. Then we invited her to pray for herself and the result was that she was able to feel the Spirit as she prayed. Now we're got a lot of hope that she will continue to progress and finally embrace the Gospel her son holds so dear. This work truly is exciting! 

So, just in closing, I've lost a lot of weight, I've been sick a few times, some people have threathened and tried to hurt us, but don't worry about me! Go out where you are and find someone that needs your care! There is at least one person that you will come in contact with today that you can help! Don't pass them up because in doing that, we pass up the Savior! It was His words that taught us this principle, that when we have done it "unto the least of these thy brethren, ye have done it unto me". I hope that all of you can go out and do something like that today. Then as you feel the satisfaction of it, I hope that you will make it a daily habit! I love you all, I hope my letters don't sound like written up talks, that would be bad. I just write what it seems good to write. I hope everything is going good for all of you, even in these hard times. 
~Elder Cappuccio 
P.S. Hey mom, 

I'm really looking forward to talking to you on the phone over Mother's Day! It'll be very neat to hear all of your voices and the updates you have for me! If I could ask one thing of you, please coordinate with Dad to have him be together with you guys for that time so that I can speak with him. Now in order to do that, we'll have to structure things a little differently and make sure we don't bring up anything that may offend Dad. While Jack and you may want to spend the day together to celebrate it, please plan seperate times so that there will not be any negative interference, or even the slightest sign of interference. It will mean a lot to Dad if he can talk to me, so please do your best (I emphasize the words YOUR and BEST as a whole and individually) to facilitate this. Thank you, I love you! -----Original Message----- From: marathomom@aol.com To: james.cappuccio@myldsmail.net

Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 20:33:36 -0400
Subject: Re: A New Transfer

Dear James



So how is your baby James doing?(His new companion's nickname)


That what I called you, sweet baby James! Sounds like you have a lot in common, so you should get along real well and light up the area with the gospel message. I forwarded Devin's latest email. Funny story about him and a chihuahua, anyway any problems with dogs in Mongolia? That seems to be a common theme for missionaries and mail carriers. I am looking forward to talking to you again in a few weeks for Mother's day. I'm going on a scuba diving vacation at the end of May to Belize, so I'll be able to tell you a little about before, but email you more about it after. I've worked a ton of overtime so i this will be my chance to relax and have some fun. Just wanted to tell you before you heard it from someone else. Amy is flying back here April 30th for the summer. hopefully she will be able to find a job or she'll be back at Grandma's house next fall. Joseph has got a few turns at driving this past week and he's doing ok, can't make my hair any worse it's already all gray underneath this color treatment. He is about 6'1'' now and not tiny so when you get back he might be bigger than you. How tall are you now? Cali is busy recording her own songs on youtube and has her own page where people can comment and subscribe to her account so they can get updates on her latest recordings. Crystal moved out of Dad's house last week and I haven' t talked to her since then, but she is going to be graduating in May with straight A's! Does she ever write you? I hope you had a great day listening to General Conference. Keep the fire burning! Love Always, Mom

No comments: